Friday 19 December 2008

Festivities start here...

Finished work today for Christmas. Will try to sort all the gifts and stuff out tommorrow and then it's down the River Wylye for some grayling fishing on Sunday.

Rains seems to have eased and, whilst there's a bit of drizzle, forecast is not too bad at all. Temperatures have risen a bit and, although I'd like it colder for the destive season,a slight rise may just see Sunday produce a few fish.

Eventually my new flies for Hans Weilenmann's website arrived in Amstelveen. I thought they had disappeared in the post's europena triangle - they took over a week to get there. Must be the Christmas rush. Hans has photographed them and I am really pleased with the results. I sent him some #30 flies too and almost all of those seemed to be a success.

Hans' ability with the camera is really second to none. I hope an update will be done soon and these new pictures will be on site for you to see.
In the mean time, if you haven't looked through it (ever or for a while...), take a look at the website. I regularly drop back in and have a look and always find something new to whet the appetite. The link is on the front page of the blog.

Cheers,
Dave.

No comments: