Thursday 14 April 2011

I spent a couple of hours spent on the river yesterday taking Paul, a newcomer to fly fishing, through the basics. He's jumping into the deep end by going on a fishing holiday this weekend. He progressed really quickly, picking up all the key points and I was delighted that he was making such great casts in such a very short amount of time. Here he is going through the roll cast routine:




Good luck Paul - I am looking forward to the pictures of the fish on your return!

The rain and colder weather clearly hadn't put the fish off too much. Whilst practising, there were fish rising throughout the pool. If darkness hadn't crept up so quickly I'd have slipped back to make the most of the evening rises.

~Dave

1 comment:

vgb said...

I remeber that lesson well. Look for the D, answer the phone and flick the paint off :-)

Vince