Tuesday 17 September 2013

Remembering Mark.

It was a sad moment when I heard that Mark Libertone, known as 'Soft Hackle' on many forums, passed away this week. Although I felt I knew him as a friend, I strangely never met Mark in person. We had many conversations and exchanges from across the pond over the internet, on many forums and different networking sites. I valued his input and thoughts. His approach was always kind and considered.

Mark will stick on my mind as a master in the world of fly tying - and whilst he tied other styles of flies, it's spiders and soft hackles I will remember him for. He was truly passionate about the subject and his knowledge vast.

I thought I'd share some of Mark's flies; such simple and beautiful creations:




More of Mark's flies can be seen here: Mark Libertone

My thoughts are with his family.

~Dave

No comments: